Text highlighting in PowerPoint for Office 365 and PowerPoint 2019 lets subscribers mark text in yellow or another highlighter color. (This feature is available on both Windows and macOS, and it’s available in your browser in PowerPoint for the web.)WindowsmacOSWeb
|If you don’t see the Text Highlight Color button on the Home tab of the Ribbon, read Requirements below for more details.|
Highlight one piece of text
- Select the text that you want to highlight.
- On the Home tab, select the arrow next to Text Highlight Color .
- Choose a color. The text you selected will be highlighted in the color you chose.
Highlight multiple pieces of non-contiguous text
- With no text selected on the slide, on the Home tab, select the arrow next to Text Highlight Color .
- Choose a color, and then move the mouse pointer over the text area of your slide.The mouse pointer changes to a highlighter. .
- Select each portion of text that you want to highlight.
- When you’re done highlighting, press Esc on the keyboard to turn off the highlighter.
Remove highlighting from text
- Select the highlighted text.
- On the Home tab, select the arrow next to Text Highlight Color and click No Color.
Other ways to highlight
Here are two other ways to emphasize something on screen while you’re presenting:
- Turn your mouse into a laser pointer to draw attention to something on a slide
- Magnify part of the slide on the screen when you’re using Presenter view
Requirements for Text Highlighting
|PowerPoint for Office 365|
Monthly Channel: Version 1606 or later
Semi-annual channels: Version 1701 or later
Find your Office version
Find your Windows version